I was delighted to be nominated by Claire at Paintbox Mum for The Infinity Dreams Award. I have never been nominated for anything like this before so it really is very exciting for me. Check out Claire’s blog for lots of fun kids crafting ideas – with summer holidays creeping up on us it is always a good idea to have some extra ideas for entertaining the kids (lets face it – a British summer will always guarantee plenty of rain!). Thank you Claire 🙂
The rules for the Infinity Dreams Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
Right here goes………………
11 facts about me
1) I live in the Midlands, England with my husband and two children. I have a 7 year old daughter and a 5 year old son.
2) We have an all black cat called Shadow. He is a cheeky little thing and unlike any cat I’ve ever had. He will eat anything from breakfast cereal to bread rolls – his own food is a last resort! (Please note – I don’t feed him these. He will steal food even if my back is turned for a second. He is a rescue cat so we are working hard to retrain some bad habits!)
3) I am one of 4 sisters (number 3). Two of my sisters live very nearby and my third not too far by car.
4) I love my Fitbit (pedometer). I wear it everyday to ensure I get some exercise. I don’t drive so I walk everywhere. More steps = more chocolate – that is all the motivation I need!
5) I come from a very musical family and I learned to play violin and piano. I still enjoy playing the piano now and we were fortunate enough to receive a free piano a few years ago. I hope my kids will learn one day.
6) I have grade 8 ballet.
7) I love to read, usually fiction, and would spend all day reading if I could.
8) I am a YouTube and Netflix addict – I usually watch them at my craft desk whilst I’m happily playing with paper, glue and beads.
9) I love to be near the sea but unfortunately I don’t live anywhere near it. We go on holiday once a year to the seaside. Cornwall is a particular favourite.
10) I love Christmas – I would have shops full of sparkle and Santa all year round.
11) I am thinking of changing the name of my blog. I think I have found a name I like but will probably need a day just to figure out how to change it on WordPress! Really that should be my 11th fact – computers scare me a bit. It can take me hours of play to do something basic.
My questions from Claire
1) What is your dream job?
Anything crafty! I have no idea what that job would be but I would love to spend my days surrounded by crafting and crafty people.
2) Which is your favourite meal of the day?
Probably my evening meal. During the day I’m usually on my own so I’ll just get bits of food as and when I need it but in the evening we are all home together so I spend more time preparing a dinner. I love savoury almost as much as sweet foods so a roast dinner followed by a good pudding would be my idea of heaven.
3) What do you like best about blogging?
Meeting people and getting to interact with people whether is its about something crafty or not. I have touched on this before but having both kids on the autistic spectrum has resulted in me feeling isolated at times. My blog has been a place for me to express myself and I’m always delighted when someone takes the time to like or leave a lovely comment. It reminds me that there is a world out there besides my familir school run and the house. It is very exciting to see the different countries where my blog has been read.
4) Do you have a specific goal for this year?
I want to continue to improve and learn new crafty skills. I sell my jewellery and some cards locally but I keep promising myself that I will set up an Etsy shop. In terms of my family, I just want to get through to the end of December as peacefully as we can. My son was quite ill at the start of this year after a virus left him unable to walk. He has made a huge improvement since then and is now working hard to get his fine motor skills back. I have had enough ‘excitement’ for this year already!
5) Have you met anyone famous?
No unless you count my Mum who was on Notts TV (local tv) 🙂
6) Favourite hobby?
Various crafts but I also enjoy doodling and playing with watercolours although I need more practice.
7) Favourite place to be and why?
Besides by bed I love the seaside. There is just something so calming about listening to the waves on a beach.
8) Your favourite person/people and why?
My family – they are always there for me with support or encouragement.
9) Outdoors or indoors?
Indoors. If it is raining there is nothing nicer than feeling cosy in a house and if it is sunny I enjoy going for a walk and feeling the warmth of the sun but don’t enjoy sitting in it for too long.
10) Your favourite thing about yourself?
Gosh, this is a hard one. Probably, that I can be quite determined and focused when I want to be. I believe in doing something right so put all my energy making sure I understand all the facts before I start.
My blog nominees are –
These blogs never fail to interest me and I love dropping in to see what they are up to. Don’t worry if you don’t want to take part but if you do that would be great.
1) Which season is your favourite and why?
2) Why/ how did you chose your blog name?
3) What does your perfect day look like?
4) What do you want out of 2016
5) Favourite food or meal?
6) Favourite holiday destination?
7) Which famous person would you like to meet and why?
8) Favourite past time/hobby?
9) What would you go back and tell your younger self?
10) If you could travel back in time which year would you go back to and why?
Thank you Claire, it has been a lot of fun and I look forward to learning more about some of my bloggings friends.
You are such a sweetie. I’m sorry but I am going to say no thank you to this.
I love your answers. My piano is in storage waiting for me to get a bigger house so we can live together again!
I think you need to make a card challenge and see what happens..I will make it on time.
It’s not a problem. It was a lot more work than I anticipated. A fellow piano player 😃 I hope you manage to get reunited with your piano some day.
It’s my dad’s piano. He got in the late 1950’s so it really old. I have some great picture’s of him playing it.
How lovely. Such a special memory to have.
Such fantastic answers to all the questions set. Congratulations on your award, well deserved ( how can I follow you via email as I can’t find the tab if you have one)?
I am feeling so flattered that you have nominated me for the award, unfortunately I will have to decline, mainly because I made a decision when I first began blogging to refrain from all awards, although I think they are a lovely gesture I just don’t have the time. It became easier to say no to all, rather than pick and choose a number that were more deserved. If that had have been the case I would have committed to your award, so I thank you kindly 😀
I have a follow option on the right hand side that says you should get an email when I post – just need to scroll down a little to find it. I hope that works ok.
I’ve just had a look on my phone – the follow button is right down the bottom so you have to scroll through to find it. No idea how to put it higher up!
Thank you, I will check it out
Thank you so much for the award! I’ll try and do it soon.
Can’t wait to see your new blog name!!
Great ☺ It took me about a month to do mine!
Awww… you’re a sweetie! Thanks so much for thinking of me. Nice to get to know you!