I’ve still got my craft table covered with Christmas crafting and my lovely new Christmas Blueprint stamps have been calling me for days.
Crafty stash used –
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas Blueprint stamps
- Dovecraft/Trimcraft Christmas Basics sentiments stamps
- Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress ink pads in Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon
- Snowflake paper (brand unknown)
- Zig Wink Of Stella in clear
- Silver peel off boarders, twine and silver glitter embossing powder.
These were super simple and quick. First, I blended the distress inks in all three colours on a large piece of card and flicked drops of water onto it. Before the water dried I pressed kitchen towel on to the card to soak it up and to lift the colour (hence all the white ‘snow’ patches). Once dry I stamped the images and cut them out. I have developed a love affair with silver glitter embossing powder that I found at the back of a drawer so I used this for the sentiment. The cards were stuck down and trimmed with various bits of twine and peel off sticker boarders. Both the snowman and snowflake had a brush over with the Wink of Stella.
These look fab and I love your technique for creating snow using water droplets, will have to give it a try some time.
Thank you. I used a hobbycraft card for it and the ink blended really nicely and lifted really well when I put the water on it. Some cards vary with how much they absorb and so the ink isn’t always to easy to lift. You may need to play around with it a little to find what works best 😀