A few weeks ago I sat playing with some distress ink pads and stamps. This was the result-
I decided yesterday that it was time I actually made them into something.
Crafty stash used :
- Sizzix / Hero Arts stamp and die cut – Butterflies #3
- Ranger / Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads in the colours Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac and Squeezed Lemonade
- Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Simple Sayings
- Big Shot
- Various sequins and gems and adhesive
I started by pressing the ink pads onto my craft sheet and sprayed them gently with a little water. I didn’t use watercolour paper so I really only lightly sprayed them. I then pressed my cardstock directly down onto the inks being careful not to move the card around that much as I really didn’t want to mix the colours too much. As you can see from the first photo the colours almost remained as separate colours rather than mixing new ones. I then stamped the butterflies choosing the best bits of colour for each size butterfly. I die cut them out on my big shot.
I stuck them down on the card as shown; Some are stuck straight down, others are raised up on 3d foam. I stamped the ‘best wishes’ and embellished the card.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting.